Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Coffee



I went back to work today.
I dunno. I signed for 10 days, but I guess I'm back.

I miss the smell of coffee, I guess.
How the beans always seem to smell of fresh, moist soil. The kind that isn't muddy but isn't dry. The kind that reminds you of those beautiful summer days when you'd run in the fields, barefoot with your siblings.

I miss the smell of steam. The kind you'd like to keep wafting in your nose for as long as possible. As if you're taking a sip into a warm cup of caffeine with no drinking needed.

I miss seeing the brown paper cups. I miss the perforated feeling when you roll your fingers on it. The warm sensation that separates your hand from the boiling coffee. How in every sip you also taste that papery kind of feeling. How you'd just keep wanting to tip the cup over just to get that last drop that won't seem to fall... and watching customers do the same.

I miss the feel-at-home jazzy-bluesy music. The kind that makes you want to relax on the warm cushions when there aren't any customers... and when your manager's not looking. (The kind that just doesn't feel right no matter how many times you play it in your apartment.)

Hell, I miss the smell of the handwash. Just 'coz no other anti-bacterial whatever smells like it.

And well, I miss my people at work.
I guess being so anti-social makes you miss actual human interaction. Am I making sense?

I dunno.
I might be overexerting myself, but what the hell.
I miss part-time. Hehe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment