Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weddings

DAY 21


Great! Another wedding. (note: sarcasm)

Another reason for "true bliss" and "eternal joy" to go floating around the air.
Another reason for all those other married couples who always seem to get on your nerves to be all plastic, wishing the newlyweds congratulations.
Another reason for separation cases to increase in the country in an alarming rate.
Another reason for money to be wasted on bad-tasting cakes and itchy flowers.

Another reason for all those college classmates to get together and compare their lives outside of a class reunion. Girlfriend/boyfriend this. Job that. Salary this. God!
Do you know how superficial that is? And then to see there's not much of a difference from when they were back at school? Same douchebags, different hairstyles. Yipee!

Another reason to remind you how shitty your life is.

And of course, another reason for your old "buddies" to implicitly tell you, "Your life is shit!"
Exactly the reasons why I hate weddings.

So yes. Yet another college classmate is getting married.

But no. I don't have an invite or anything... I doubt anyone ever remembers me anyway.
In fact, I don't even know who's getting married. Jenna was just telling me 'bout it over lunch today. She heard from someone who heard from someone from my batch.

Apparently, they're a happy couple.
Boohoo.

I hate weddings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment