Friday, September 11, 2009

Old

DAY 12


I regret helping Sir Johnny climb the stairs.
Not that he was ungrateful or anything. The old man was actually quite overjoyed he had, A, someone to help him up and, B, someone to chat with.
And I actually enjoyed our little conversation.

Why regret it then?
Because he's an old man. And he had a long life to live.
And he has a wife... someone to grow old with. Someone to be there for him when the frailty of old age comes to get him.

And I don't have any of that. I won't have any of that.

He invited me to eat dinner with him and his wife. But I said no.
When I had brought him to the door, I ran for my apartment. I went to my bed, I cried.
I cried real hard.

I'm dying. And I'm going to die alone.
I won't ever experience what he has, and it scares me. I don't want to be alone.

I don't want to be alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment